Tuesday 10 May 2011

Turnaround

Despite zero activity on this blog, there has been unprecedented activity in my hobby life. I am now playing more games than ever before. And doing loads of super cool hobby stuff. I am as pleased as punch. I am absolutely loving it.

How so? you ask.

I've been part of a gaming group for nearly three years now. There are eight of us, and we meet on the first tuesday of every month. We've been using the Might Empires rules as a basis for a campaign; one campaign per year, and we all start new armies at the start of the following year.

Hang on, why not mention this before? you ask.

Well, to be honest, I've never been into it. Oh sure, we're all playing Warhammer (and more than I've ever played) but we'd turn up, go through the motions and then pack up and leave. I am terrible at playing, so I was massacred twelve games in a row. I don't really care about the losing, but it seemed to represent how I felt about it all. It was all, I dunno, lacklustre.

Until 2011, when everything changed.

Intriguing, you say.

It sure is. I offered my services as games master for the 2011 campaign and figured I'd put my all into it. And boy has it paid off.

Tell me more, you say (okay, I'll stop this now)

What will follow is a runthough of all the stuff I've done on the campaign so far, and then try and write progress reports for the rest of the year, and we'll see how it goes. So without further ado, here's my campaign...

No comments:

Post a Comment