Tuesday 10 May 2011

Farewell TOFP

Ok, well if you hadn't noticed from the date of this post, TOFP 2011 was a complete wash-out. I tried, but not with anywhere near enough effort. In the end I realised that I was spending so many hours every month feeling agitated that I hadn't done any painting in the previous month, and agitated that I should be doing some painting for next month's, that there wasn't actually any time left to do any painting. My net achievement was just a whole bunch of agitation. I might as well give up TOFP - I'd have just as many figures painted (ie zero) and a healthier blood pressure.

Fair play to all those that are plugging away at it. I was impressed that they have the time - and we're not just talking students and jobless here - these guys hold down jobs, have kids, buy houses, suffer bereavements etc and still have time to paint 200pts a month. Just cooking dinner is enough to scupper my hobby plans for the week.

Oh well. I'm not saying I'll never do it again, but not this year. And not next year either.

No comments:

Post a Comment